Anxiety Therapists / registered Psychotherapists: Anna Wolanczyk and George Hartwell provide:
Therapy for Anxiety
We make use of several methods to deal with Anxiety:
- Systematic Desensitization: We can use systematic imagined practice to unlearn the triggers of anxiety. This works well especially where the anxiety has a limited scope. It works well for social anxiety and test anxiety, for example.
- Core Issue Psychotherapy: Often a web of events and beliefs underlie the anxiety. Exploring these issues can discover and resolve the core issue. There can be obsessiveness related to a need to protect others based on a sense of being unprotected by one's parents as a child. One example we have seen is a younger brother who was not protected from abusive physical domination by his older brother.
- Personality Transformation: personality traits such as People Pleasing lead to anxiety. The core beliefs within People Pleasing will need to be addressed as part of the therapy for anxiety.
Anxiety Can Undermine Your Life. Like a fire growing in size anxiety needs to be dealt with before it gets out of hand and more difficult to control.
If you have experienced panic attacks then it is natural for you to start feeling anxious about the events that might trigger a panic attack.
Anxiety undermines our life:
- by interrupting sleep,
- by effecting appetite and digestion,
- by fogging up our thinking,
- by interfering with learning,
- interfering when you are taking a test or
- hurting your performance at a job interview.
Life Conditions that set off Anxiety
There are two conditions that are in the life of one who develops Anxiety or Panic Attacks. One will find that anxiety becomes a problem when a person feels alone and believes the world is a dangerous world. Be feeling alone we mean that one has lost a significant parent or loved one.
Just having a therapist in your corner can be enough to enable you to cope with that sense of being vulnerable because you are alone.
Healing of Anxiety
A guide who you can trust is important for healing. The love and wisdom that your counsellor brings is a big part of the healing you are looking for. Both Anna and George have client reports and the support of other professionals that allow us to assure us that we listen with compassion, understanding and empathy. We will also bring our sound experience, professional credentials and high quality education to your side on this journey to healing.
The journey to healing begins with a plan, a good guide and taking the first steps in the right direction. If it was something you could do alone you want have found a solution by now. Getting professional help is a wise move at this time..
Get A Free Consultation
If you'd like to get started with your counselling, give us a call and we can set up your initial consultation. During the consultation, you may ask any questions you might have and we can explore if we'd be a good match. If you're interested in talking and finding out more, call anytime, we are here for you.